Since the Floods of January 2011, there has been an extended effort to initiate, undertake and finalize a Strategic Floodplain Management Plan SFMP for the Brisbane River floodplain and catchments. In March 2019 it was launched and over the last 5 years the Flood CoP network has had a long interest on what it might entail and what it means for professional working in sectors that overlap with the actions arising out of the Plan.
So with the Queensland Reconstruction Authority team and key invited specialists, this event aims to:
- Build an understanding of why and how the SFMP was developed and what it entails:
- Introduce the themes of efforts needed to implement the actions
- Consider the collective effort and tools needed to implement the actions.
The event will be a combination of:
- short sharp presentations,
- small working groups for you to deconstruct the 56 Action in the SFMP Plans
- panel discussion to build on small group highlights on how we as professionals can help progress the collective actions
So reserve your place and register here
Please register upstairs in the Ship Inn from 12:45 to be ready for a 13:00 start.